Ballet is a classical form of dance with a codified syllabus and unique terminology. Ballet technique uses principles of body alignment, turn out, port de bras, adagio, and allegro. A ballet dance class will include emphasis on proper technique and terminology. Ballet dancers should be able to identify each skill, position, and movement by the correct term and be able to define that term. Ballet artistry focuses on grace, uniformity, power, and precision. Dancers participating in ballet will have a strong foundation in technique, flexibility, discipline, and strength.
Ballet 2 requires promotion from CAS Ballet 1 or approval from the CAS Director of Dance.
BW CAS recommends Footsteps Dancewear for all dance attire and shoe purchases. Footsteps Dancewear is conveniently located at 24048 Lorain Road in North Olmsted. For current hours and promotions please visit www.footstepsinc.com.
All dance classes require that long hair be neatly secured away from face. Hair should be in a ponytail or bun during all dance class times. Please use multiple hair ties, styling products, and bobby pins to ensure hair is secured tightly and will not need to be fixed during class time.
- Any color/style leotard. ABSOLUTLEY NO tutus, shorts and/or dance skirts.
- Dance tights in either pink or flesh toned colors.
- Ballet 1 & 2: full sole leather ballet shoes in either pink or flesh toned colors to match tights. Ballet 3 and higher: split sole canvas ballet shoes in either pink or flesh toned colors to match tights
- Any color fitted dance athletic shorts.
- Any solid color t-shirt or tank
- Ballet 1 & 2 full sole leather ballet shoes in either black or flesh toned colors. Ballet 3 and higher split sole canvas ballet shos in either black or flesh toned colors.