Dalcroze Eurhythmics Fall 2023 T 4:15 ages 4-5
Let your child’s musicality and imagination soar as we explore music through purposeful movement, singing, improvisation, active listening, and other interactive activities. Dalcroze Eurhythmics is a joyful, dynamic, process-oriented way to experience and learn music from the inside out.
This class is aimed at developing fine and gross motor control, coordination and balance attention, spatial awareness, vocal precision, and independent and cooperative learning. Students will develop a music and movement vocabulary as well as begin developing their music literacy skills.
– Note values (Quarter Notes, Eighth Notes, Half Notes, Dotted Half Notes)
– How music is organized in time (2, 3, 4)
– Phrase and form
– Expression symbols such as Forte and Piano
– Locomotor movements such as walking, marching, trotting, tiptoe running, leaping, galloping, skipping, swaying, etc.
– Musical use of materials and instruments, such as balls, scarves, hoops, beanbags, drums, xylophones, claves, etc.
The Dalcroze approach is founded on the artistic and pedagogical ideas of Swiss educator Èmile Jaques-Dalcroze and is internationally recognized as a proven approach to teaching students of all ages, from very young through professional musicians. Read more: https://dalcrozeusa.org/about-dalcroze/what-is-dalcroze/
This class is a 2-part sequence, with the subsequent class offered in Spring 2024. To register now for Spring and receive a $30.00 discount, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.ultracamp.com/info/sessiondetail.aspx?idCamp=1227&campCode=BWU&idSession=408315
If you would like a different section in the Spring, please email Lisa Hirzel at LHirzel@bw.edu.
Questions? Email instructor, Lauren Hodgson at email@example.com.