Dalcroze Rhythmic-Solfége I
Dalcroze Rhythmic-Solfège I is a class for students at least 6 years old or beginning 1st grade and have taken Dalcroze Eurhythmics.
This class builds on the concepts we have begun to explore in Eurhythmics, and the curriculum deeply prepares students for future or concurrent instrumental study, all through the spirit of play and discovery within the Dalcroze classroom!
All Rhythmic-Solfège students will bring a metallophone (a small portable xylophone) and a workbook to class each week. Parents are asked to stay for the first 15 minutes of class each week to review homework from the previous week. This also provides time for learning how to practice with your child at home and for creating a foundation for a commitment to practicing and learning an instrument. Both parent and child are asked to practice together 10 minutes each day, 5 days each week.
- Learn to identify notes in the treble and bass clef on the grand staff (Bass C through Treble C)
- Learn to speak, step, and conduct rhythms
- Simple meters of 2, 3 and 4
- C Major scale structure using letter names and scale degree numbers
- Sing, play and move melodies within this scale
- Expression symbols such as p, mp, mf, f, crescendo, and decrescendo
- Musical symbols such as slurs, ties, staccatos, accents
The Dalcroze approach is founded on the artistic and pedagogical ideas of Swiss educator Èmile Jaques-Dalcroze and is internationally recognized as a proven approach to teaching students of all ages, from very young through professional musicians. Read more: https://dalcrozeusa.org/about-dalcroze/what-is-dalcroze/
This is a 28-Week Program.
Questions? Email instructor, Lauren Hodgson at email@example.com.