- To understand the formal language of drawing and the fundamentals of artistic expression.
- To understand the basic principles of linear perspective.
- To develop and demonstrate the basic understanding of the principles of composition, proportion and texture.
- To understand the effect of light and three-dimensional forms as it applies to drawing.
- To develop and demonstrate knowledge about various drawing styles in art history and cultures.
- To develop abilities to be open minded and reflective during the course of their work and after completion.
All course materials are included in the tuition fee. Course materials can either be picked up from the Whistle Stop location at a scheduled time, or you may choose to have the course materials shipped directly to your home for a small delivery fee.
Wondering why you don't see a registration fee? CAS has waived the typical $25 registration fee for all programs for the 2020-2021 academic year to make our programs more affordable during this difficult time.