A residential or day camp for woodwind, brass and percussion players in grades 4 - 9 with a minimum of four months playing experience. Band camp is an opportunity for young musicians to experience a BW summer music program. This camp is first come, first served.
Application deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020. Only the first 200 applicants will be accepted.
A Typical Day at Band Camp
A camper's day begins early! The first rehearsal of the day begins at 8:30 a.m. and both resident and day campers are kept busy. A typical daily schedule might go like this:
- 8:30 a.m. - Band rehearsal
- 10:30 a.m. - Sectionals
- 12:15 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - Afternoon activity
- 2:00 p.m. - Band rehearsal
- 3:30 p.m. - Sectionals
- 5:00 p.m. - Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. - Band rehearsal
- 8:00 p.m. - Evening activity
- 10:30 p.m. - Lights out
Students accepted into the top band also will participate in chamber music ensembles. Those rehearsals may take the place of an afternoon activity or sectional rehearsal. There will also be an opportunity to audition for the jazz band.
We make every effort to keep camp as affordable as possible. Campers may attend as either residents or commuters, and most expenses are covered.
- Resident - $565 fee covers all room and board (three meals per day plus snacks), admission fees and activities supplies.
- Commuter - $480 fee covers lunch, dinner and snacks each day plus admission fees and activities supplies. Commuters are dropped off each morning between 8:00-8:30 am and picked up at 9:30 pm.
Fees include a non-refundable deposit of $115 that must accompany the application for registration to be complete for camp.
Campers do not need a lot of spending cash. Since admission fees are covered, the only expenses are related to buying items from the BW Bookstore, spending money at Swings-N-Things for games or vending machines. Most students will spend less than $25 during the week.