June 14-18, 2021
June 13 - 18, 2020
String Camp for students in grades 4-9 will be offered in a day camp model in Summer 2021 to ensure safety. We are also making adjustments to the camp framework to reduce group sizes. Campers will enjoy a week of musical growth and of course - fun!
More information and registration for 2021 will be available on February 8th.
A residential or commuter camp for string players in grades 4 - 9, with a minimum of four months playing experience.
String camp is an opportunity for young musicians to experience a BW summer music program. This camp is first-come, first served.
A Typical Day at String Camp
A camper's day begins early! The first rehearsal of the day begins at 8:30 a.m. and both resident and day campers are kept busy. A typical daily schedule might go like this:
- 8:30 a.m. - Orchestra rehearsal
- 10:30 a.m. - Sectionals
- 12:15 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - Afternoon activity
- 2:00 p.m. - Orchestra rehearsal
- 3:30 p.m. - Sectionals
- 5:00 p.m. - Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. - Orchestra rehearsal
- 8:00 p.m. - Evening activity
- 10:00 p.m. - Lights out
Students accepted into the top orchestra will also participate in chamber music ensembles. Those rehearsals may take the place of an afternoon activity or sectional rehearsal.
We make every effort to keep camp as affordable as possible. Campers may attend as either residents or commuters, and most expenses are covered.
- Resident - $565 fee covers all room and board (three meals per day plus snacks), admission fees and activities supplies.
- Commuter - $480 fee covers lunch, dinner and snacks each day plus admission fees and activities supplies. Commuters are dropped off each morning between 8:00-8:30 am and picked up at 9:30 pm.
*Changing a student's registration from resident to commuter after May 1, 2020 (including during the week of camp) will result in a $50.00 moving fee.
Fees include a non-refundable deposit of $115 that must accompany the application for registration to be complete for camp.
Campers may want some spending cash for the week as they will have access to purchasing items from the evening 'Snack Shack' or for spending money at Swings-N-Things for games. Most students will spend less than $25 during the week.