Insight, guidelines and policies for Community Arts School 2022 Middle School Camps
SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL CAMP
- All residential campers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Campers who are in a mandatory quarantine/isolation period due to a known exposure within the 5-day period before camp will not be permitted to attend camp. Participation in camp after these 5 days will be discussed on a case-by-case basis based on symptoms.
- Campers are to monitor their temperature and symptoms at home. Upon arrival, temperature checks will be a part of the drop off process. Campers exhibiting a fever or who have any symptoms of illness will not be allowed to participate for that day. Campers must not have a fever for 24 consecutive hours before returning to camp.
- Masks are required indoors across the BW campus and will be worn at all times by campers, staff and faculty. Specialty instrument masks and bell coverings will be provided for woodwind and brass players.
- Supplies needed for activities will be frequently sanitized
- Campers will remain socially distant at a minimum of 3 feet or greater when possible for all camp activities. When playing instruments, the Conservatory protocols for distancing will be implemented as some instruments require greater spacing.
- Hand washing and/or hand sanitizing will take place frequently throughout the day.
Over the past year, considerable changes have been made to BW’s campus to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The following upgrades and installations have been made:
- 1,000+ wall-mounted and freestanding hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed across campus.
- The Conservatory’s heating and cooling system has been equipped with a system-wide ionizer which kills 99% of viruses, bacteria and mold circulating in the air.
- Rehearsal halls, classrooms and offices contain portable air purifiers for added air cleaning.
- Carefully created room guidelines and schedules ensure proper air-flow and ventilation in all of our indoor spaces.
- Reduced capacity limits for all rehearsal spaces and practice rooms based on the type of activity.
- Special, piano specific, disinfectant wipes are located at every piano to properly and safely sanitize keys before and after use.
- Enhanced cleaning on a nightly basis by our professional cleaning staff, especially for high-touch surfaces.