Voice Training for Choral Directors
2022 Online LoVetri Institute for Somatic Voicework™
The original CCM Vocal Pedagogy course offered in partnership with Baldwin Wallace University.
The LoVetri Institute for Somatic Voicework™, focuses on skills that help choir directors:
- Create uniform vocal function for each section and the entire choir
- Easily blend voices for pitch accuracy and consistent sound
- Understand the vocal instrument from the inside out
- Refine listening skills to hear potential vocal health issues
- Switch musical styles appropriately and quickly
- Save time in rehearsals, achieve your musical goals quickly
- Teach choristers to self-monitor vocal production
This method is based on voice science, traditional pedagogy, accurate terminology, stylistic understanding, proven results, and clear concepts. Used successfully for 20 years with a Grammy-winning children’s chorus, the LoVetri Method is endorsed by choral conductors in a variety of settings – kids, teens, adults, church, community, and college - for classical repertoire, music theater, Gospel, pop, folk, country, and rock.
"Jeanie LoVetri’s method
is a great tool for directors regardless of the genre of music because it focuses on voice science and the physical body.....and is a great place to fill that gap in our collective education. We not only receive fantastic tools from Jeanie, but we are also treated to lectures from highly esteemed medical professionals."
- Jeff C., middle school choir director
"No matter the variety of Church choir – Traditional, Contemporary, Gospel – this method has something to offer the choir director who wants to achieve the best, most balanced sound."
- Elizabeth F., church music director