CAS ENHANCED SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Insight, guidelines and policies for Community Arts School 2020-2021 Academic Year
Last Updated November 11, 2020
A New Approach
We are committed to providing our families and the community with quality arts education now and into the future. If needed, our in-person programs are designed to continue in a virtual format based upon future State of Ohio and University directives.
Please refer to our CAS & COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
General Community Guidelines
- Masks are required to be worn by all students and faculty at all times.
- All participants are to take their temperature and assess for any symptoms at home. If participants have a fever or have any symptoms of illness, they are to remain home and should notify the Community Arts School.
- Students who have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 within the previous 14-day period are not permitted to attend in-person classes. Accommodations will be made to participate in the class virtually.
- Students must bring their own personal equipment (if required) to engage in CAS activities.
- All students must remain socially distant at a minimum of 6 feet or at greater distancing if the activity, class or rehearsal requires per program-specific CAS guidelines.
- All participants and families must follow campus directional signage and instructions.
- Hand washing and/or hand sanitizing must take place before and after any CAS activity.
Our Investments in Safety, Access and Quality Education
In developing our programming for this academic year, we knew that investment in our campus and Whistle Stop facilities was paramount. As such, you will notice several changes:
- More than 1,000 hand sanitizer stations have been installed across campus and at the Whistle Stop location.
- We have removed the wall between our Copeland and Graham studios to create a new, larger dance studio. This allows us to hold classes with more students practicing safe physical distancing.
- Acoustic treatments have been installed in our Whistle Stop dance studios to improve reverberation in sound and clarity in verbal instruction for those participating in-person or remotely.
- New custom media carts in our Whistle Stop studios that include large displays, advanced audio and HD web cameras.. This investment will allow students at home to participate more seamlessly in our live classes as they take place.
- We have installed plexiglass in office areas where close interaction occurs.