FALL 2021 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Last Updated August 10, 2021
Effective Monday, August 9, 2021: As recommended by CDC guidelines, face masks are required to be worn indoors at all BW facilities (including our Whistle Stop location) by all individuals regardless of vaccination status. Children younger than 2 years old are exempt.
The CDC released guidance on July 27, 2021, stating that ALL people (including vaccinated people) should return to wearing masks indoors if they live in a county with substantial or high spread. Cuyahoga County, the county in which the BW campus is located, has reached the federal government’s threshold for “substantial” transmission of COVID-19, triggering the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendation that vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors.
Learn more about the FALL 2021: BW BE SAFE plan.
CLASSES AND ENSEMBLES
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated may choose to not wear a mask while on campus and do not need to maintain physical distancing while participating in CAS programs.
- Individuals who have not been vaccinated must continue to wear a mask both inside and outside of buildings while maintaining physical distancing.
- During CAS classes containing students ineligible for vaccinations because of their age group, both faculty members and students will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing.
Specific Guidance for Private Lessons
- Face masks are required during all private lessons regardless of vaccination status.
- Individuals who have not been vaccinated may opt for in-person private lessons with masking, distancing, and time limitation protocols previously in place.
- Virtual lessons may continue for any student if both the faculty member and student wish to continue in that format.
Student and faculty vaccination records will not be kept and should be offered voluntarily by individuals.