Conservatory Summer Institute
The Conservatory Summer Institute is a 10-day intensive program for high school students considering studying music in college. Participants will work side-by-side with Conservatory of Music faculty, including members of the Cleveland Orchestra, as well as with current Conservatory students.
Our curriculum is hand-crafted for each and every student to ensure a high-quality, holistic experience for all. Generally, students begin their day around 7:30 a.m. and are engaged in classes, ensemble rehearsals or events until roughly 9:00 p.m. There are many opportunities for breaks and practice time throughout the day. Students can expect to be engaged in the following classes and rehearsals:
- Dalcroze eurhythmics
- Large ensemble rehearsals
- Elective classes
- Chamber music (for instrumentalists)
- Private lessons (two, 45-minute lessons during the institute)
- Studio classes and/or masterclass sessions
- Sightreading (Keyboard Institute)
- Duet class (Keyboard Institute)
- Sectional rehearsals
- Audition preparation classes (for students who elect to participate in the audition preparation program).
Students also have the opportunity to attend performances on and off campus throughout the week, including a performance at Blossom Music Center with The Cleveland Orchestra.