Conservatory Summer Institute: Choral Institute
Students will participate in:
- Ear training / solfege
- Choral rehearsals
- Guest faculty recitals
- Private lessons
The CSI: Chorus is led by Dr. Dirk Garner, director of choral studies, Baldwin Wallace University, Conservatory of Music. Additional faculty include:
- Tracy Grady, voice
- Lauren Hodgson, Dalcroze-Eurhythmics
- Andrew Machamer, Music Theory
- Sharon Metivier, voice
- Sandra Simon, voice
- Joanne Uniatowski, voice
- Sue Wallin, voice
- Marc Weagraff, voice
*Due to scheduling conflicts, students are only able to participate in one institute track.
* Institute intensive tracks are designed to allow students to focus more specifically in one area of study. Students in the Choral Institute will be able to participate in the Composition Track or Music Theatre Track.
Application and Audition
The application is due on Friday, March 29, 2019, no later than 11:59 p.m.
In order to be considered, applicants must submit:
- A completed application
- A recorded video audition
- A $150 deposit
We make every effort to ensure the Institute experience is affordable for all participants. Tuition may be split into monthly, automatic installments and paid over time, leading up until the program. Customized payment plans are available.
- Resident tuition: $995.00/participant and includes all meals and housing. A $150 refundable application fee is required. Students not admitted into CSI will be refunded this deposit.
- Commuter tuition: $745.00/participant and includes lunch and dinner. A $150 refundable application fee is required. Students not admitted into CSI will be refunded this deposit.
- Intensive track: $225.00/participant. The intensive tracks are added to the base Institute tuition.
- Audition preparation program: $225.00/participant. The audition preparation program tuition is added to the base Institute tuition.
*Limited scholarship opportunities are available for students in Lorain County as well as students in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. Students are encouraged to check with the Community Arts School regarding eligibility. If eligible, students will need to indicate they would like to receive a scholarship when prompted in the application.
A deposit of $150 via check must be mailed and received before the audition is reviewed. Checks should be made out to Baldwin Wallace University.
Please mail your check to:
Conservatory Summer Institute
Community Arts School
Baldwin Wallace University
275 Eastland Road